|NCFE Aim Reference: 60116213||GLH: 140||Age Restriction: 19|
|Qualification Number:601/1621/3||TQT: 360||Units: 6|
|Level: 4||Minimum Credits: 36|
The NCFE Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training develop practical teaching skills and, through the optional units, prepares teachers to work in a wide range of contexts. It requires observation and assessment of practice. This qualification aims to meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, such as:
– Individuals not currently in a teaching or training role.
– Individuals currently teaching and training (including those who have just begun teaching and training).
– Individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
To be awarded the NCFE Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training, learners are required to successfully complete five mandatory units and a minimum of one optional unit.
Learners must achieve a minimum of 36 credits: 21 from the mandatory units and a minimum of 15 from the optional units. At least 21 credits must be at or above Level 4.
– Unit 01: Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
– Unit 02: Delivering education and training
– Unit 03: Using resources for education and training
– Unit 04: Assessing learners in education and training
– Unit 05: Planning to meet the needs of learners in education and training
Optional units available for this qualification cover areas such as assessing occupational competence in the work environment, principles and practice of lip-reading teaching, and inclusive practice.
Work/Industry Placement Experience
This qualification requires learners to complete a work/industry placement experience. This qualification requires learners to complete a minimum of 30 hours of practice.
What could this qualification lead to?
The objective of this qualification is to:
– confirm occupational competence in a teaching role within the workplace.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
– NCFE Level 4 Award for Technology Enabled Educators.
– NCFE Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.
– NCFE Level 5 Diploma in Principles of Management and Leadership.
Learners may also progress into employment as a tutor within:
– further education colleges
– adult and community education providers
– offender education
– work-based learning providers
– the third/voluntary sector
– independent training organisations.